Friday, July 10, 2009

Ahh! Summer

I love summer. (Okay I also love fall, winter and spring.)Anyway, back to summer. Books epitomize summer. I read. I actually sit and read a book from cover to cover. Don't give me too much credit. These are not deep uplifting titles. During the summer I like to read what I call grocery store genre. These include books that are cheap, paperback and are mostly fluff. Every once in a while I come across a winner that I have to make sure I tell my friends the title. For the most part though, these are just quick reads for nothing but pure enjoyment. 
Sis and I travel to visit family. Books once again take part. We are road trippers. We pack the van, load the dogs and pop in audio books. The open road and a good story are a wonderful match. We range from classics to mysteries, biographies, and romance. There was even one time that we had almost arrived at our parent's house and took the long way in order to finish the book we were listening to at the time. I know, I know, our priorities need tweaking at times. 
So put a book in your purse, pop one into the car's audio or sit in the shade and lose yourself in a story other than your own. I always feel a bit happier after a trip into a good tale. Please "book" yourself into an enjoyable story of your own choosing. I know you will be glad that you did. 

No comments: