Thursday, September 4, 2008

No one Like a Sister

I live with my sister. Many people find it surprising that I not only live with my sister but that we have lived together for over 20 years and continue rub along very well together.  I cherish our relationship. In fact, in many ways, ours is a marriage like relationship.  I love the way we balance each other. I am a feeler and enjoy staying in touch with friends and family. She loves the fact that she stays in touch with others through me. Sending out her 5 Christmas cards each year is a task well accomplished when it is complete. On the other hand, she looks at situations with a more logical mind and helps me step back and look without my emotions fogging my vision. 
 We love to read. We love to work in the kitchen baking and cooking. My sister likes to organize and reorganize and have things that match. I like take care of business, get naggy little things out of the way and check them off of my list. Do not ask us to hang pictures together - she needs to measure I like to eyeball the space. We take road trips together, watch movies together, and in general enjoy each others company. The most wonderful aspect of our sisterhood and friendship is that I am beautiful to her and she is beautiful to me.  In short - there really is no one like a sister. 

No comments: